Enterprise-ready iSCSI Solution for IP-based Storage Networking
The Chelsio iSCSI solutions are designed for data intensive applications that require high throughput, such as video streaming, image processing and back-up. Specific applications include SAN edge devices such as storage arrays, storage-aware devices in the SAN cloud such as virtualization engines, and IP-based data centers built with blade servers.
The iSCSI software supports a broad array of hardware and software platforms, including:
- Chelsio T3-based Ethernet adapters and third-party Ethernet NICs
- Support for popular RAID, SAS, SATA and other storage devices
- Support for many Linux kernel versions and distributions such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Suse Linux Enterprise Server
The highly optimized iSCSI stack provides support for:
- Greater than 2 TB (Terabyte) disks, enabling deployment of very large disk arrays, back-up applications and high definition video server applications
- Microsoft Cluster Service high-availability nodes, mission critical applications such as database processing
- Multi-Path I/O (MPIO) for fault tolerance against single points of failure, and load balancing of I/O data traffic for better application performance
- Security features including CHAP, Access Control List (ACL) and Logical Unit Number (LUN) read/write permission control
- Internet Storage Name Service (iSNS) support
- Error recovery level zero (ERL 0)
- Full compliance with RFC 3720
- Interoperability with leading initiators from Microsoft, Cisco, QLogic, Adaptec, UNH and the Linux Open-iSCSI initiator
The iSCSI software is optimized for superior performance on Chelsio products:
- ASIC-based iSCSI acceleration, which reduces the burden of storage protocol processing from the storage host system. This includes header and data digest processing as well as direct data placement, which improves overall storage I/O performance.
- Full TCP/IP offload including exception handling, which keeps the host system free from processing out-of-order and fragmented frames and improves the consistency of system performance.
- Field-proven and robust third generation software release that has successfully passed numerous OEM stress test suites and has undergone thousands of hours of QA tests.
- SAN Storage Arrays
- SAN Virtualization Engines
- NAS/SAN Integration
- IP/FC Gateway
- Disk-to-Disk Backup