- What is the product naming scheme for Chelsio adapters?
Each section of a Chelsio adapter part number has significance.
T: Denotes the Terminator series of adapters.
6/5: ASIC family version the adapter belongs to.
1/2/4: For T6, the number of ports on the adapter.
100/25: For T6, the number specifies the maximum speed of the port in Gbps. For T5, the number specifies aggregate bandwidth of all the ports in Gbps.
LP/LL/SO: Adapter type. LP: Low Profile; LL: Low Latency; SO: Server Offload.
OCP/CR: Specifies SFP/QSFP module cages with special configuration. CR signifies direct attach cable capability; OCP signifies Open Compute Platform form factor.
For example, T62100-LP-CR is a dual-port 100Gbps Unified Wire adapter belonging to the 6th generation Terminator series. The adapter is low profile with QSFP module cage and direct cable attach capabilities. Similarly a T520-LL-CR is a dual-port 10Gbps Unified Wire adapter belonging to the 5th generation Terminator series. The adapter is low latency with SFP module cage and direct attach cable capabilities.
- What PCIe Express version is supported?
The T5 and T6 adapter families all support PCIe Gen3. In the case of T5, all adapters use 8 lanes. In the case of T6, the number of lanes is adapter-specific. For example, a T6225-CR adapter uses 8 lanes while a T62100-CR uses 16 lanes.
- What is vendor ID for a Chelsio product?
Vendor ID is 1425.
- Where can I find the serial number of your card?
The serial number is stuck on the card. It starts with 2 letters followed by 8 digits. For example: PT12345678.
- Are your products RoHS compliant?
Yes. Chelsio’s entire family of products are in conformance to the “Restriction of the Use of Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment” (RoHS 6/6, 2002/95/EC) directive.
- What are the different Operating Systems that you support?
Supported Operating Systems are Linux, Windows, ESX, MAC OS, FreeBSD and Solaris.
- I have a problem with a Chelsio product and need assistance. What should I do?
In order to resolve the issue as soon as possible, please send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Contact details
- Product serial number and model.
- Issue experiencing with the product?
- Operating system details including version /distribution.
- Driver details including version.
- Speed, type and brand of optical module/cable plugged in.
- Switch details.
- Details of the application, including command line, when the issue occurred.
- What kind of offload you are using?
- When and where did you purchase the product?