Chelsio T6 1/10/25/40/50/100G Unified Wire controllers and adapters enable enterprise storage systems that are purpose-built to deliver optimized iSCSI and NVMe over Fabrics (NVMe-oF) storage performance for various application workloads in mission-critical virtualized and private cloud environments. The extreme efficiency of T6-enabled storage systems lets IT departments balance ultra-performance, capacity and features with game-changing storage economics. Chelsio-enabled storage systems also easily integrate into diverse enterprise IT environments by enabling SAN and NAS deployments from the same array through iSCSI and TCP/IP protocol offload for iSCSI block-level protocol, as well as NFS and CIFS file-level protocols.
iSCSI Storage Target
Using Chelsio T5/T6 adapters, all-flash and hybrid storage array OEMs can easily enable such arrays with highest-performance iSCSI target capability that is fully compatible with the existing iSCSI ecosystem and seamlessly support the routability, scalability and reach advantages of iSCSI.
Chelsio iSCSI target offload is especially suited for enterprise storage deployments because:
NVMe over Fabrics Storage Target
NVMe over Fabrics defines an efficient mechanism to utilize these devices in large scale storage deployments and provides investment protection by allowing the latest in innovations and advances in low latency SSD flash to be used over proven Ethernet iWARP (RDMA/TCP) networking. This enables the NVMe storage devices to be shared, pooled and managed more effectively. Chelsio T6 NVMe over Fabrics capability provides a foundation for lower latency and increased performance, while enabling improved iWARP integration for flash-based storage.
Chelsio T6 NVMe over Fabrics offload capability demonstrates that accessing flash remotely does not need to come at the expense of performance, scalability or error recovery.
- 100G SPDK NVMe over Fabrics (White Paper)
- 100G iSCSI Offload Performance (White Paper)
- 100G NVMe over Fabrics JBOF (White Paper)
- Demartek Evaluation: Chelsio Terminator 6 (T6) Unified Wire Adapter iSCSI Offload (Demartek Performance Report)
- 100G iSCSI – A Bright Future for Ethernet Storage (Presentation at SNIA DSI 2016)
- Chelsio demonstrates 100 Gigabit iSCSI Performance (Press Release)
- High Performance iSCSI at 100GbE (White Paper)
- Introducing NVMe over 100GbE iWARP Fabrics (White Paper)
- Resilient RoCE: Misconceptions vs. Reality (White Paper)
- Concurrent Support of NVMe over RDMA Fabrics and Established Networked Block and File Storage (Presentation at Flash Memory Summit, 2016)