CHELSIO DELIVERS NEW T3-BASED UNIFIED WIRE INTERCONNECTS
Expanded Portfolio Now Includes PCI Express Gen2 and 10GBASE-T
SUNNYVALE, CA – August 17, 2009 – Chelsio Communications, Inc., the leading provider of 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) adapters and ASIC solutions, today announced six new Unified Wire 10Gb Ethernet adapters based on its T3 architecture, delivering the broadest selection of high performance 10Gb Ethernet interconnects in the industry.
The new adapter cards complete the Chelsio portfolio of high speed devices based on the Terminator 3 ASIC, the third generation 10Gb Ethernet Unified Wire Engine that enables simultaneous support of iSCSI, RDMA and TCP/IP traffic across a single device.
The new products include the first Unified Wire adapter based on the PCI Express Gen 2 8x host bus interface and both single-port and dual-port adapters based on the 10GBASE-T standard. Additionally, Chelsio is delivering a bypass and firewall adapter, a device that features four operational modes to ensure business continuity. All of the new adapters are available today from Chelsio and its distributors.
With these six new devices, we have completed the portfolio of Unified Wire adapters based on the highly successful T3 architecture, said Kianoosh Naghshineh, president and CEO of Chelsio. We are seeing high demand for our products across the entire market spectrum requiring high performance interconnects, for networking, storage and clustering applications.
The new devices include:
- N320e-G2-CR, a dual-port SFP+ PCIe Gen2 server adapter delivers line-rate 10Gbps full duplex performance and supports extensive stateless offload capability. The N320e-G2-CR is list priced at $995.
- B320e, a dual-port Bypass and Firewall 10GbE adapter that features four operational modes (normal, bypass, selective bypass and drop) to ensure business continuity, delivers line-rate full duplex 10Gbps performance for high I/O enterprise grade appliances. The B320e is list priced at $2795.
- N320e-BT is a dual-port 10GBASE-T server adapter delivering line-rate 10Gbps full duplex performance and supports extensive stateless offload capability. The N320e-BT is list priced at $1399.
- S310e-BT, a single port 10GBase-T Unified Wire interconnect solution for server networking, storage networking and clustering on a single platform, the adapter reduces host CPU utilization by up to 90% compared to NICs without full offload capabilities. The S310e-BT is list priced at $1099.
- S320-LP-CR, a low-profile, dual-port SFP+ adapter for server networking, storage networking and clustering on a single platform. Compatible with SFP+ 10G SR/LR modules and twinax cables. Reduces CPU utilization by up to 90% compared to NICs without full offload capabilities while delivering full line-rate 10Gbps full-duplex performance. The S320-LP-CR is list priced at $949.
- S310e-CR is a single-port SFP+ adapter for server networking, storage networking and clustering. The S310e-CR is priced at $799.
About Chelsio Communications, Inc.
Chelsio Communications is leading the convergence of networking, storage and clustering interconnects with its robust, high-performance and proven unified wire technology. Featuring a highly scalable and programmable architecture, Chelsio is shipping 10-Gigabit Ethernet and multi-port Gigabit Ethernet adapter cards, delivering the low latency and superior throughput required for high-performance computing applications. For more information, visit the company online at www.chelsio.com.