- I have a PCI-X card; will it work in a legacy PCI slot?
Yes. Chelsio cards are backward compatible.
- I have a PCI express card; will it work in a x16 or a x4 slot?
Chelsio cards support up to 8 lanes, so they will work in a x16 slot as a x8 card and in a x4 slot as a x4 card.
- What do the different LEDs mean?
Green: Link Established; Yellow: Link Active; Red: ON by default during power on. When the driver is loaded, this is turned off.
- What are the minimum hardware requirements for a Chelsio card?
Chelsio doesn’t impose any requirements. For best results the CPU and system memory are the typical bottlenecks.
- Is the Chelsio card hot-pluggable?
- What are the different physical connectors available for your card?
Optical (SR & LR), CX4, SFP+, Base-T.
- Can I use my own pluggable optics module?
- Do you make your own XFP module?
No, but the modules are available for sale through Chelsio.
- What 10G switches do you recommend?
Please visit our switch partners page at our switch partners page to see the list of switch companies we work with.