FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHELSIO ADDS NEW 10GbE ADAPTERS; DELIVERS INDUSTRY BEST PERFORMANCE, BROADEST SELECTION AND LOWEST PRICE
Industry Leader Adds Dual-Port SFP+, Bypass Adapters to Meet the Performance, Flexibility and TCO Requirements of the Enterprise Data Center
SUNNYVALE, CA – Oct 13, 2008 – Chelsio Communications, Inc., the leading provider of 10-Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) adapters and ASIC solutions, today added new adapters to its broad family of Unified Wire 10GbE adapters, further meeting the performance and price/flexibility requirements of the diverse applications used in the Enterprise Data Center.
Additionally, Chelsio has reduced the pricing of its adapters and is now offering the most comprehensive selection of 10Gb Ethernet adapters with both the highest performance and the lowest prices in the industry.
We now have the best performance, the maximum features, and lowest priced 10Gb Ethernet adapters in the industry, and new pricing along with new adapter cards gives our OEM partners and end-customers the flexibility to deploy Chelsio in a broad range of network applications, said Kianoosh Naghshineh, president and CEO of Chelsio Communications. The market is ready for the All-in-One 10GbE adapter, which meets the needs of any server, storage or networking application and delivers the lowest TCO for the Enterprise Data Center. Since our adapters do not place any feature demands whatsoever on the switch infrastructure, we enable the lowest per port switch costs for the data center.
The Chelsio 10GbE adapters introduced today:
- S320E-SR+ : 10GbE dual-port Storage Accelerator with PCI-Express. This SFP+ adapter offloads TCP/IP, iSCSI, and iWARP RDMA processing from its host system and frees up host CPU cycles. The system achieves increased bandwidth, lower latency and lower power and can concurrently run unmodified InfiniBand and Fibre Channel applications on Ethernet. The S320E-SR+ is priced at $1,795 (US list).
- B320E-SR+ : 10GbE dual port Bypass Adapter with PCI-Express. This adapter is designed specifically for WAN optimization, load-balancing and traffic management at the network edge. The B320E-SR+ is priced at $3,495 (US list).
- N320E: low profile 10GbE dual port Server Adapter with PCI-Express. This SFP+ based adapter provides higher bandwidth for organizations using 10Gb Ethernet in their datacenter with advanced stateless offload. The N320E is priced at $795 (US list), making it the lowest priced stateless 10GbE NIC in the industry, at under $400 per port. This adapter does not include the modules and can operate with twin-axial cable.
- N310E: 10GbE single port server adapter with PCI-Express. This is the single port version of the N320E and is priced at $695 (US list).
- N310E-CX: This is an existing low profile single-port stateless adapter that has been reduced to $595 US list, making it the lowest priced 10GbE connectivity solution on the market.
The transition to SFP+ modules allows the Chelsio adapters to be used either with twin-ax copper cable or with fiber cable, as well as enabling a price reduction across the product line. All of the new 10GbE adapters are available today directly from Chelsio and its distributors.
About Chelsio Communications Inc.
Chelsio Communications is leading the convergence of networking, storage and clustering interconnects with its robust, high-performance and proven unified wire technology. Featuring a highly scalable and programmable architecture, Chelsio is shipping 10-Gigabit Ethernet and multi-port Gigabit Ethernet adapter cards, delivering the low latency and superior throughput required for high-performance computing applications. For more information, visit the company online at www.chelsio.com.