- Simple-to-install loadable software
- Full compliance with RFC 3720
- Error Recovery Level 0 (ERL 0)
- CHAP Support, including Mutual Authentication
- Internet Storage Name Service (iSNS) Client
- Target Access Control List (ACL)
- Multiple Connections per Session
- Multiple Targets
- Multiple LUNs per Target
- Multi Path I/O (MPIO)
- Greater than 2 TByte Disk Support
- Microsoft Cluster Support (R/R)
- Dynamic LUN Resizing
- Multiple Target device types
- Linux Storage Management (LVM, Software RAID, EVMS, etc.)
- Built-in RAM Disk
- Supports iSCSI Boot Initiators
- An intuitive and features-rich management CLI
- Linux 2.6 kernels
- Support for Red Hat and SuSE
Expanded NIC Support
- Chelsio TCP Offload Engine (TOE) Support
- T4-based HBAs (T420, T422, T440)
- T3-based HBAs (S310E, S320E)
- Chelsio Traditional NIC (non-TOE)
- Runs on most regular NICs
- From wireless through 10GigE links
Chelsio Terminator ASIC Support
- Offload Speeds at 1Gb and 10Gb
- Offloads TCP/IP for NAS simultaneously with iSCSI
Value Proposition for Embedded Applications
Chelsio’s iSCSI solutions are designed for data-intensive applications that require high throughput, such as video streaming, image processing, and back-up. Specific applications include SAN edge devices such as storage arrays, storage-aware devices in the SAN cloud such as virtualization engines, and IP-based data centers built with blade servers. Chelsio’s iSCSI hardware/software solution offers several key advantages for storage OEMs, including:
- Highly optimized iSCSI target stack providing support manual and Internet Storage Name Service (iSNS) discovery, CHAP and Logical Unit Number (LUN) access control security, error recovery level zero (ERL 0), full compliance with RFC 3720, and interoperability with leading initiators.
- ASIC-based iSCSI acceleration, which reduces the burden of storage protocol processing from the storage host system. This includes header and data digest processing as well as direct data placement. This feature drastically improves overall storage I/O performance.
- The same software can be used on most regular NICs, including Chelsio’s N310 server adapters, to operate in a nonoffloaded environment.
- Full TCP/IP offload including exception handling, which keeps the host system free from processing out-of-order and fragmented frames and improves the consistency of system performance.
- Consistent software architecture among Chelsio GbE and 10GbE adapters, and Terminator ASICs, which simplifies integration of GbE and 10 GbE I/O technologies and assures seamless integration with existing storage applications.
- A rich roadmap that includes a follow-on release supporting iSCSI ERL 1 & 2.
Demo Version Available
Please contact Chelsio for a demonstration version of the iSCSI Target Software.