Here’s the repository of Chelsio White Papers produced prior to 2011
- Delivering HPC Applications (2010)
A Joint White Paper From Juniper and Chelsio on HPC Solutions
- Performance of HPC Applications over InfiniBand, 10 Gb Ethernet and 1 Gb Ethernet (2010)
IBM researchers compared several applications in the HPC arena using 4x InfiniBand DDR and 10Gb Ethernet using iWARP
- Chelsio 10GbE iSCSI: Enabling ‘No-Compromise’ IP SANs For Enterprise Networks (2010)
White paper that reviews 10GbE-based network convergence and how it helps enterprises address storage infrastructure challenges.
- Chelsio for Cloud Computing Solutions (2010)
This presentation shows how Chelsio’s Unified Wire adapters are designed to be the ideal Cloud Computing adapter, enabling consolidation, convergence and virtualization of the data center
- The Chelsio Terminator 4 ASIC (2010)
This paper examines Chelsio’s Terminator ASICs, focusing on the fourth-generation device known as Terminator 4 (T4).
- Chelsio Unified Storage: A Cost-Effective iSCSI Solution (2010)
A product profile by the Taneja Group
- Purdue University’s Coates Cluster – World’s Largest 10Gb Ethernet High Performance Cluster (2009)
- iWARP Brings Low-Latency Fabric Technology to Ethernet (2009)
This Ethernet Alliance white paper describes how iWARP RDMA is gaining momentum in the industry as a low-latency HPC solution
- Find out why 10Gb Ethernet is a better choice for your HPC environment (2009)
This report highlights performance benefits of 10GbE over DDR IB for real life applications
- HP and Halliburton use Chelsio 10GbE adapters in performance benchmark test (2009)
This paper compares the performance of the Landmark® reservoir simulator on HP servers
- I/O performance of Hitachi NAS Platform using Chelsio 10Gb Ethernet Adapters (2009)
This Tolly Report shows the high performance NAS Platform 3200 Series from Hitachi with 10GbE
- STAC reports highlight Chelsio TOE benefits (2008)
STAC measured performance of a market data stack based on RMDS6 to measure latency and throughput and demonstrated benefits of Chelsio’s TOE.
- NCSU tests highlight Chelsio TOE performance (2008)
In recent tests conducted Chelsio’s adapters sustained line rate throughput for various combinations of workload.
- Chelsio performance highly suited for financial services (2008)
This report illustrates the performance of Chelsio’s 10GbE solution and its benefits in HPC environments. Chelsio’s performance is compared with that of InfiniBand…
- 10GbE shows more than 2x FC performance (2007)
This is a study by NetApp & IBM that shows 10GbE has more than 2x the performance of 4Gb FC for running Oracle RAC and Microsoft Exchange applications. The results are now being done again with TOE.
- Sandia Labs compares 10GbE & IB (2007)
This tri-labs study describes the performance of InfiniBand versus 10GbE for cluster sizes of up to 128 nodes. It is shown that for node counts of 14 or more, that 10GbE has 5x the bandwidth of SDR-IB. This is because of a lack of built-in congestion control and adaptive routing in IB and is not a function of the link speed. Therefore DDR IB will behave the same.
- Osaka University installs largest 10GbE cluster using Chelsio NICs (2007)
This is a summary of the 700-node TOE cluster at Osaka University . The largest 10Gb installation to date and in the top 50 supercomputer clusters in the HPC space.
- NFS over RDMA (2007)
This is a study by Sandia that shows that 10GbE has 4x the performance of DDR IB for NFS applications
- Chelsio Unified Wire (2007)
There are several approaches to a unified wire and not all fabric convergence schemes produce the same results. This document describes a top down approach and why Chelsio’s is the right one.
- Building High Performance IP SANs with Chelsio’s 10GbE iSCSI Solution (2005)
This white paper, authored by industry analyst Tom Burniece, summarizes the requirements for a complete storage target processing solution for iSCSI at 10Gbps, providing maximum performance over the full range of storage applications.
- The Value Proposition of TCP Offload for 10Gb Ethernet (2005)
TCP offload has been a controversial technology, partly because past implementations showed little performance or cost benefits. With the recent advent of 10 Gbps Ethernet, and the resulting CPU-to-network performance gap, the value proposition of a properly architected TCP offload engine is demonstrated both in terms of performance and cost savings.
- Jumbo Ethernet Frames: Advantages and Disadvantages (2005)
A decade has passed since Jumbo Ethernet frames were first proposed, and an IEEE standard or significant deployment has yet to be seen. This paper synthesizes the reasons behind the lack of acceptance of Jumbo frames, and further articulates how a TCP Offload Engine using standard 1500-byte Ethernet frames obviates the need for using non-standard Jumbo frames.
- Independent Performance Benchmarks of 10Gb Ethernet with TCP Offload (2005)
This whitepaper presents the results of three independent performance studies involving Chelsio’s Terminator TCP Offload Engine. The studies include detailed comparisons of 10Gb Ethernet with TOE, Infiniband, Myrinet and 10GbE without TOE, using both micro-benchmarks and real-world cluster applications. The results consistently show that 10GbE with TOE delivers superior performance compared to the other technologies.
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet iSCSI in Action (2004)
This white paper describes how the standardization of iSCSI, combined with the emergence of 10 GbE solutions, has finally made Ethernet a viable high-performance connectivity solution for storage networks.
- The Terminator Architecture (2004)
This white paper covers Chelsio’s unique Terminator Architecture, building a case for a VLIW processor vs. multi-processor SOC to terminate TCP and process L5-L7 protocols.
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet in HPC (2004)
This white paper describes the evolution of Ethernet and the growing need for 10 Gigabit-per-second solutions in high-performance computing environments.